These pumpkin protein pancakes are a simple, fall recipe for pumpkin pancakes packed with protein (19 grams per serving!) to help keep you full longer. A healthy and delicious start to your day!
These came out amazing. Fluffy and doughy at the same time. Pumpkin has a tendency to make things “cake-y”
Pumpkin Gingerbread Protein Pancakes
- 2 T coconut flour, sifted (can sub for gluten free or oat flour)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 scoop vanilla or neutral tasting protein powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1-2 T granulated sweetener of choice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 egg whites (for a vegan option, substitute for 1 flax egg- 1 T flax + 3 T water)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin (not filling)
- 1 T - 1/4 cup dairy free milk
- Molasses, maple syrup and butter, for topping (Optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the coconut flour, protein powder and baking powder to avoid clumps. add in the spices, sweetener and salt and mix well.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg whites (or flax egg) with the vanilla extract. add this to the dry mixture and stir until a dough like consistency. add in the pumpkin and slowly add the milk one tablespoon at a time until a thick batter is formed.
- Heat a frying pan on low heat and spray with cooking oil. Once pan is extremely hot, pour 1/4 cup servings of the batter and cover. Once bubbles appear and the edges go brown, remove cover, flip the pancakes and cover again for approximately 1 minute.
- Vìsìt PUMPKIN GINGERBREAD PROTEIN PANCAKES @ thebigmansworld.com for Complete Instructìons