Avocado hummus taquitos are tortillas with hummus, sliced avocado, and shredded cheese rolled into small tubes; and baked until crunchy.
Avocado hummus taquitos are flour tortillas with hummus, sliced avocado, and shredded cheese rolled up into tubes; and baked until crunchy.
For easy rolling, spoon the hummus onto the tortilla about an inch away from one of the edges. Spread the hummus into a 1 inch wide strip from top to bottom. Then, top with the sliced avocado and shredded cheese. Start at the edge closest to the filling and roll the tortilla around the filling as tightly as possible without tearing the tortilla.
Place the taquitos on a baking sheet with the seam side down. Brush them with olive oil. Then, bake them until they’re golden brown and crisp.
How to make Avocado Hummus Taquitos :
- 2 medium avocados
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 1 cup plain hummus
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese Mexican blend would also be good
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the seeds. Use a large spoon to scoop the avocado out of it’s skin. Slice them into 24 thin pieces (each avocado half gets cut into 6 pieces).
- Warm the tortillas in a microwave for about 10 seconds to make them more pliable, if needed.
- Visit Avocado Hummus Taquitos @ thewholesomedish.com for full instructions and recipe notes.